|Incubation Greenhouse (at its best)
|Incubation Greenhouse After Hurricane Odile
A Healthy Ocean Begins with You!
Oceans are suffering and Mother Nature is not happy. Humans have contaminated and overfished our Oceans. We have destroyed
coastlines with construction, polluted riverbeads with improper waste disposal and depleted marine life populations through
We have created unbalanced marine
eco systems by hunting top predators like Sea Turtles and Sharks for human consumption.
Southern Baja is no different. Sea turtle nesting habitat has been destroyed, meat and eggs
are still sought after for consumption and fisheries continue to unintentionally kill sea turtles.
You can help counterbalance our negative actions by supporting our Conservation
and Education project.
What we do:
protection and Incubation
- Coastline clean up and Recycling programs
- Provide Tourism jobs to Fishermen
Conservation jobs to locals
- Local Youth Education Programs
international visitors and provide Volunteerr opportunities
- Free, public hatchling releases December -April
- Beach signage
- Informational brochures
- Sharing of data with University students for thesis development
of data with National and International Organizations such as SWOT, SEMARNAT and Grupo Tortuguero.
How you can Help:
The Incubation Greenhouse takes a beating every summer when hurricanes
and tropical storms bring heavy winds and high seas to Todos Santos. This year is no exception. We need lumber,
plastic, hardware, fence posts and chainlink fencing to get the incubation greenhouse up this season. Please help us
rebuild the greenhouse so we can incubate nests successfully. The temperatures will drop in November so time is of the
Thank you for considering a donation!
Tortugueros Las Playitas A.C. is a Mexican "Asociacion
Civil" or non-profit organization working under a permit issued by SEMARNAT Direccion General de Vida Silvestre.
All of our programs are possible thanks to our generous Sponsors and hard working Volunteers.
Please contact us if you have any of the following items to donate.
- 4x4 ATV for running night patrols
- Greenhouse quality plastic for Incubation Greenhouse
- 4x4 Passenger vehicle for Student transport (ie:Dodge Durango or Suburban)
- Chainlink fencing for incubation corral
- Wood and paint for signs
- Rain gear, goggles, and headlamps with red filter
- Hobo data-loggers for recording temperatures
- ATV tires, batteries,
- Two ipads for programming data loggers, recording logger read outs, writing reports,
maintaining website, international networking, community outreach, and internal communication
projector for school presentations. (one that connects to a laptop, ie: cannon)
- A GoPro
camera with waterproof housing for documentation, education, and promotion.